- Conservation related issues.
Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha
What to study?
For prelims: Key features of the campaign.
For mains: Water conservation- issues, challenges and need of the hour.
Context: ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ Drive has been launched by the Department of School Education & Literacy, HRD Ministry to create awareness about water conservation among all school students in the country.
Five Major Objectives:
- To educate students learn about conservation of water.
- To sensitize Students about the impact of scarcity of water.
- To empower Students to learn to protect the natural sources of water.
- To help every Student to save at least one litre of water per day.
- To encourage Students towards judicious use and minimum wastage of water at home and school level.
- One Student – One Day – Save One Litre Water.
- One Student – One Year – Save 365 Litres Water.
- One Student – 10 Years – Save 3650 Litres Water.
Sources: the Hindu.