Topic:Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service – social intelligence
7) Explain what do you understand by social intelligence? discuss the significance of social intelligence in civil services with suitable examples.(250 words)
Ethics by Lexicon publications
Why this question:
The question is based on the concept of social intelligence.
Key demand of the question:
Explain the concept of social intelligence, discuss the associated nuances, its significance and more so specifically its utility with respect to civil services.
Explain – Clarify the topic by giving a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Define what is social intelligence.
Discuss the following points:
- Social Intelligence (SI) is the ability to successfully build relationships and navigate social environments. Our society puts a huge emphasis on book smarts and IQ, but our relationships effect a much bigger part of our lives.
- Explain What are the components of social intelligence?
- What are different types of social intelligence?
- Is social intelligence the same as emotional intelligence?
- How can one become socially intelligent?
- What is the relevance of Social intelligence to civil services, what difference does it make?
Conclude with its importance.