Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
Topic:Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
1) Do you think the draft emigration Bill is more about managing the export of human resources than being a humanitarian framework? Critically analyse. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article provides for a critical analysis of draft emigration policy of India, it brings out the associated concerns and suggests what should be the way forward.
Demand of the question:
The answer must discuss the emigration bill draft in detail and bring out the pros and cons.
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer:
Start with brief narration of the features of the Draft emigration bill.
One can have the following points in the answer:
Economic Growth: A good transportation system is an important selling point to communities that desire to attract development that provides for employment and growth of a city. If transport costs due to congestion increase, goods and services produced within that city tend to increase in costs thus losing competitiveness in international markets. Efficient transportation access is therefore a very important consideration as it has a direct impact on sound and sustainable economic growth and productivity. The cost of congestion in the Western Province of Sri Lanka is over Rs 20,000 million per year (around 2 percent of Regional GDP). This includes the cost of productive time and wastage of fuel.
Quality-of-Life: To some people, congested highways are a symptom of deteriorating quality-of-life-in a community. The amount of time that is spent on commuting to and from work is also in reality, time that is taken away from social interactions or pursuit of activities that have a personal value and satisfaction.
- Discuss about what are the features it currently is providing?
- Comprehensive emigration management,
- To institute regulatory mechanisms governing overseas employment of Indian nationals.
- To establish a framework for protection and promotion of welfare of emigrants.
- Discuss the key features of the bill in detail.
- Explain what are the key concerns that still remain unaddressed?
Conclude with way forward.