Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
4) What Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit means for India’s global and regional interests? Discuss in the light of recent yet to be held meet of SCO at Bishkek. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article captures the significance of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit for India.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must evaluate in detail Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit and its significance for India in terms of global and regional interests.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer
In a few introductory lines discuss the context of the question.
Answers must discuss the following aspects –
- What kind of a grouping is the SCO?
- Under what circumstances did India enter the SCO?
- How does membership of the SCO help India?
- How does global geopolitics play out for SCO and India?
- Significance to India.
Conclude with way forward.