Topic: Energy, mobilization of resources, growth, development
5) What have been the major reasons for the development of solar energy in India despite its high potential? Discuss the achievements so far and challenges in harnessing it. What should be the way forward.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about analyzing why is scope of producing solar energy so high in India with potential being one factor there are other factors too that push the development of Solar energy.
Key demand of the question:
Answer must discuss the causative factors of developing solar energy in India in detail.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines state some facts/statistics related to solar energy production in India.
In brief discuss the following factors:
- Why is scope of producing solar energy so high in India? – India has tremendous scope of generating solar energy. The geographical location of the country stands to its benefit for generating solar energy. The reason being India is a tropical country and it receives solar radiation almost throughout the year, which amounts to 3,000 hours of sunshine.
- Quote reasons apart from these above major factors – power requirements, dependency, export etc.
- Discuss the achievements so far.
- Issues and concerns associated
- What needs to be done?
Conclude with significance of solar power to India.