Topic: Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
4) What is cyber-crime? what types of cyber security threats are being witnessed by the world today? Explain India’s attempts to tackle these issues. (250 words)
Why this question:
The paper covers in detail the concept of Cyber security, its types and the steps India is taking in this direction.
Key demand of the question:
Answer must discuss the concept of cyber-crime, issues posed by it and the efforts by India to tackle such issues.
Explain – Clarify the topic by giving a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines highlight what you understand by cyber-crime.
In brief discuss the following aspects:
- What do you mean cyber-crime?
- three major categories of cyber-crimes? – Crimes Against People, Crimes Against government, crime against property.
- How is cybercrime committed?
- What are cyber laws in India?
- Discuss significance of policies and laws in this direction like the IT Act etc.
Conclude with way forward.