Topic: Role of media and social networking sites
7) Discuss the effects of social media on Democracy. How does it play a key role to be an enabler of transparency and democracy? (250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses in detail how social media influence democracy.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must debate that there are several positives that social media brings to the table, including affordable access to information, voicing voter concerns, and adding another communication channel between voters and politicians. But social media has just as many pitfalls — some that are already being addressed, others that both social media companies and governments continue to examine. thus users of social platforms, it is becoming increasingly important to be aware of these pitfalls.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines explain the role of social media in general.
- Highlight why social media is important to a democracy?
- How does media strengthen democracy?
- What is the relationship between media and democracy in general? Discuss the specific case of social media.
- What are the issues associated?
- Explain how can one handle these issues, explain what needs to be done.
Conclude with what should be the way forward.