Topic : Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
6) Discuss the diverse applications of Biotechnology in India and analyse its growth potential with reference to initiatives taken by the government in this direction. (250 words)
Why this question:
The question is to assess the Biotechnology sector in India, its potential growth and initiatives taken by the government in this direction.
Key demand of the question:
The answer is straightforward and it must narrate upon the biotechnology sector of the country, its potential and significance.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines on what you understand by Biotechnology.
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- Quote some facts of Biotechnology sector in India – Indian biotechnology sector has crossed the $ 3 billion milestones and is growing at the rate of more than 30% over the last few years.
- Potential – India could even achieve the target of attaining $20 billion by 2020.
- Discuss the notable trends of the sector in India.
- Explain the benefits of the sector in terms of everyday application in fields of science, Industry, agriculture, animal husbandry, human health etc.
- Conclude with pros and cons and how the pros should outweigh the cons of the technology.
Conclude with significance of the Industry on economic and social fronts.