Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
3) Apprenticeships could be the real key to Skill India’s success as they could help business firms raise productivity in several ways. Discuss.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses in detail the role played by Apprenticeships in the growth and development of the business firms in India.
Demand of the question:
The question is about discussing the significance of Apprenticeships in harnessing the success of Skill India mission and in what way it could help various business firms raise productivity.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with brief introduction of what you understand by apprenticeships.
Discuss the following points in detail:
- Highlight the necessity of training youth – by 2022, or just seven years from now, it is estimated that there will be nearly 600 million people in India between the ages of 15 and 59.
- Comment on how India would soon have the world’s largest workforce. And then discuss the odds – India’s workforce is among the world’s least skilled — only 3.5% of India’s workforce has skills of any sort, while the comparable number for China is 47%, Germany 74%, Japan 80% and South Korea a stupendous 96%.
- Discuss what is apprenticeship? What is its significance.
- Role of Apprenticeship (Amendment) Bill, 2014 in India.
- Explain – Apprenticeships are an effective way for young adults to transit from school to work life while improving links between industry and training institutions. Apprenticeships are successful because they facilitate ‘learning by earning’ and ‘learning by doing’, combining formal education with hands-on experience.
- Conclude by listing governments efforts in this direction.
Conclude with way forward.