Topic : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation.
5) List down the objectives of India Cooling Action Plan. Explain how it is a bold response to addressing India’s future cooling needs while neutralizing its impacts. (250 words)
Why this question:
The author in the article discusses in detail how new plan for cooling technologies is in sync with environmental challenges in India. India is one of the first countries in the world to develop a comprehensive Cooling Action plan which has a long-term vision to address the cooling requirement across sectors and lists out actions which can help reduce the cooling demand. Thus, it is important for us to evaluate its significance.
Key demand of the question:
Analyse in detail the objectives of India Cooling Action Plan and explain how it is a bold step taken by India in this direction.
Explain – Clarify the topic by giving a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines highlight the significance of the ICAP.
- In brief discuss that – India is the first country in world to develop such a document (ICAP), which addresses cooling requirement across sectors and lists out actions which can help reduce the cooling demand. The overarching goal is to provide sustainable cooling and thermal comfort for all while securing environmental and socio-economic benefits for the society.
- Broad objectives of the India Cooling Action Plan include:
- Assessment of cooling requirements across sectors in next 20 years and the associated refrigerant demand and energy use.
- Map the technologies available to cater the cooling requirement including passive interventions, refrigerant-based technologies and alternative technologies such as not-in-kind technologies.
- Suggest interventions in each sector to provide for sustainable cooling and thermal comfort for all.
- Focus on skilling of RAC service technicians.
- Develop an R&D innovation ecosystem for indigenous development of alternative technologies.
- Explain the benefits India can reap from it
Conclude with way forward.