Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
Topic: Role of women.
2) Political equality is still far away on the Indian political horizon. To bring equality fight needs to be fought equally by men. Critically analyse.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is based on the theme of political participation of women in the country and the challenges facing it. One needs to evaluate the issue closely and discuss the importance of significant role that needs to be played by Men to bring equality in participation.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss the picture of political participation women in India, how far have women been able to enter the political arena of the country. Also explain the necessity of efforts by the Men in this direction.
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement
Structure of the answer:
Brief upon the recent incidences that highlight the inequality prevailing in terms of Women participation in the politics of the country.
- Body of the answer should discuss the following aspects:
- Highlight the present ratio of women participation in Indian politics.
- Discuss the trends in women participation that was witnessed this election.
- What should be the role of Men in bringing equality of participation in the political arena and why is it important?
- Suggest what needs to be done?
Conclude that Male politicians must take a lead role in challenging traditions which foster inequality and also unequivocally condemn the misogynistic language that their counterparts use when it comes to women.