Topic: Social empowerment, communalism, socialism.
1) “The victims of capitalism have always been the disadvantaged sections of society” Critically analyse.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the context of 200th birth anniversary of Karl Marx, which was celebrated on May 5, 2018,yesterday. The article brings out the wisdom of Marxian philosophy and highlights its significance even as of today.
Key demands of the question:
The answer must discuss how Marxism as a science, as an ideology, and as a methodology keeps demonstrating its relevance every day. One has to analyse why the victims of capitalism have always been the disadvantaged sections of society.
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines define capitalism.
Discuss the following aspects in the answer:
- What is capitalism ? what are its effects on the society ?
- Discuss the reasons for presence of class conflict in society.
- Capture the Indian context.
- Demerits of Capitalism – unprecedented concentration of wealth in the hands of a few and a marked shift in the actual centers of power. Crony capitalism among the policy makers.
- What are the dimensions/sectors hit by capitalism? – education, health, policy making, employment and jobs etc.
- Discuss what needs to be done ? re assert the significance of Marxian philosophy.
Conclude with way forward.