Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
Topic : Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
4) Elucidate on the role played by India’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in dealing with serious violation of human rights .(250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses the role played by India’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in dealing with serious violation of human rights.
Demand of the question:
The answer must evaluate the role played by India’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
Elucidate – When you are asked to elucidate, you have to pass a sound judgement about the truth of the given statement in the question or the topic based on evidences. You have to appraise the worth of the statement in question. There is scope for forming a personal opinion here.
Structure of the answer:
Define the coming of India’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in India as a protector of human rights.
- The body of the answer should address the following dimensions:
- Discuss – Human Right means the rights relating to life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the constitution or embodied in the International covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
- This Commission was established after the thorough assessment of needs for such bodies to address the human rights related issues and by keeping in consideration the ways and measures to apply for their protection.
- Explain the Composition of National Human Rights Commission of India.
- Roles and responsibilities with limitations, use recent examples to highlight its significant role.
Conclude with importance of such institutions.