Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health.
3) Examine the status of Malaria in India. What is your assessment of the potential of Mosquera – world’s first Malarial vaccine in this regard?(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the context of World Malaria day celebrated on 24th April.
Demand of the question:
The answer must evaluate in detail the recent controversies surrounding GST, about making it a single rate platform. Evaluate the pros and cons of such a move and an African Nation, Malawi is in plans of undertaking large scale pilot tests for the world’s most advanced experimental malaria vaccine in a bid to prevent the disease.
Examine – When asked to ‘Examine’, we have to look into the topic (content words) in detail, inspect it, investigate it and establish the key facts and issues related to the topic in question. While doing so we should explain why these facts and issues are important and their implications.
Structure of the answer:
Start by explaining the expanse of the disease across the world.
- Discuss the status of Malaria in India – a good way would be to provide for a timeline, associated policies and programmes that focused on elimination of the disease.
- Explain the coming of World’s first vaccine against a parasitic disease: Mosquirix.
- What are its significance?
- Impact on global scenario of Malaria.
- India’s efforts in this regard.
- State few examples of initiatives such as Odisha’s Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran (DAMaN).
Conclude with way forward.