Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
8) Discuss the significance of morality in day-to-day life along with examples from your own life where you chose morality as course of action reasons for making such a choice.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is based on the concept of morality in everyday life of individuals.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must first elaborate on concept of morality. And then move on to discuss it with a real life example and explain why that course of action was moral or not with substantial justification.
Structure of the answer:
- What is Morality – it refers to a system of values and beliefs which help us distinguish between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour. It means a standard of conduct which is accepted as right or proper.
- Morality is based on personal conscience rather than what the law or societal regulations dictate. Although morality can be and is generally derived from external sources, like religion/religious books, it is inherently a person‘s choice which morals does he/she values and which he does not.
- Morality also guides us about variety of social norms and rules, thus facilitating co-existence of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Discuss its significance in day to day life.
- Give an example from your own life of choosing moral action with appropriate reason .
Conclude with how you benefited from upholding your morality .