Topic : Dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
4) Discuss the growing need to place a digital layer on top of existing dispute resolution methods in India in the current age of electronic transactions.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question highlights the necessity of a robust online dispute settlement system that is being necessitated by the rapidly developing electronic age of transactions in all spheres of economy , polity and social life.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must evaluate the current systems of dispute resolution available in India, and then examine them why they are not sufficient and thus bring out the necessity of Online dispute resolution system.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Begin with definition of dispute mechanism as a structured process that addresses disputes or grievances that arise between two or more parties engaged in business, legal, or societal relationships.
In brief discuss –
- The present available dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Their effectiveness in the growing age of technology and digitization.
- Indian scenario.
- Need for online resolution system – quote examples
- Discuss and suggest way forward.
Conclude with optimism, that India is fast moving and It is not beyond its capabilities to harness the merits of technology in its governance systems.