Topic: population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies. Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
1) Social and employment policies affect migration but can have different impacts according to location and circumstances. Analyse.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article is in the light of recently released 2018 State of Food and Agriculture report by FAO that has asserted water availability, through its effect on crop production, influences migration. Thus it becomes necessary for us to examine the changing factors that are affecting migration trends.
Key demand of the question:
Discussion should focus upon the changing factors affecting the trends in migration from conventional factors of Social and employment policies to location and circumstantial causes.
Analyze – When asked to analyse, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary.
Structure of the answer:
Introduce by stating few facts on migration trends across the world.
In brief discuss –
- Discuss the highlights of 2018 State of Food and Agriculture report.
- New factors affecting migration – Water availability of a region, crop patterns of a country or a region within a country, food insecurity due to severe drought conditions.
- Discuss the effect of Social and employment policies too and how they work in tandem with above mentioned factors.
- Suggest what needs to be done.
Conclude with way forward – suggest policy measures to address .