Topic: Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
7) Moral defiance is better than Moral silence. Comment.(250 words)
Ethics by Lexicon
Why this question:
The question wants us to write in detail about the meaning and scope of ethics and morals and discuss in what ways are they similar and in what ways do the differ. We have to illustrate our discussion with the help of examples.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss the importance of moral disobedience and in what way it is better that moral muteness.
Comment– here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines write about how the two words are used interchangeably, but in reality they are different from each other and have their own significance in defining the morals of an individual.
- Define both the terms individually. Give a simple definition.
- What makes moral defiance better ? explain using examples.
- Discuss why is moral silence bad or not appreciated.
- Discuss their significance in ethical behaviour and moral conduct of an individual.
Conclude with significance of morals in ethical conduct and their importance in Public services.