Topic: Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
6) Exemplary leadership is critical to encouraging ethical behaviour in government organizations. Discuss.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about discussing the importance of leadership as a quality essential in encouraging the ethical behaviour and conduct in governmental organizations.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss the significance of Leadership as an essential quality and its relevance to Public services.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines define what you understand by leadership.
In brief discuss –
- What is leadership ? – Leadership is an important function of management which helps to maximize efficiency and to achieve organizational goals; Initiates action, Motivation, Providing guidance, creating confidence, Building morale etc.
- Why is leadership important in life? – Leaders have great discipline and they want and inspire others to follow the same path. Such skills and qualities are really important in our daily life. It’s because our future and success depend on.
- Why is leadership important in governmental organizations? – effective managerial skills enable employees to take on leadership roles in the workplace and gives them an opportunity to manage exciting projects. The qualities of a good leader are demonstrated through their efficiency in supervising assignments and ability to work with their team to achieve positive results.
- Justify the above points using suitable examples.
Re assert the significance of leadership in organizations.