Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
4) Do you think India’s participation in WTO rules on e-commerce will boost the interests of its small businesses? Analyse the effect of international trade negotiations in the context of new e-commerce policy of India. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses in detail in the run-up to the participation in WTO on the discussions of e-commerce policies and the effects it will have on India’s MSME sector and small businesses in particular.
Key demand of the question:
The question expects us to evaluate the potential of international trade negotiations in the context of e- commerce policy of India and significance of WTO participation for Indian economy.
Analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary.
Structure of the answer:
Begin with brief on e-commerce industry across the world.
Discussion should have the following dimensions :
- The highlights of Indian e-commerce policy
- Role of WTO negotiations in promoting fair trade with respect to e-commerce policy.
- Relevance of small scale businesses, MSME sector in e-commerce for India.
- Importance of International negotiations in this context for India.
- How can India benefit by participating in the WTO Talks? Give recent examples.
Conclude with significance of such negotiations.