Topic: Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
1) Discuss the pattern in the distribution of agro based industry in India.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about discussing the pattern in the distribution of agro based industry in India .
Key demands of the question:
The answer must provide for a brief discussion on what are Agro based industries, factors that decide their distribution pattern – Natural and human factors and also discuss any recent trend in shift of these industries.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines explain the significance of Agro based industries.
Discuss the following aspects in the answer:
- Which is an agro based industry? – includes industries related to textiles, sugar, paper and vegetable oil. These industries use agricultural products as their raw materials.
- Why agro based industries are important?
- Discuss the factors responsible for their distribution – Availability of raw materials, labour, access to domestic market, degree of interdependence with forward and backward activities, etc.
- Then explain shifting trends of these industries from past to present on the basis of – coming of technology, automation, policies such as food parks etc.
Conclude with their significance for a country like India which is primarily an agricultural economy.