Topic: Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
2) Discuss the significance of woollen textile Industries in employment generation and economic growth in India.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the context of Woollen industry in India and its significant role in creating employment opportunities vis-à-vis promoting economic growth in the country.
Demand of the question:
This question seeks to examine the prospects Woollen industry in India has in generating employment and contributing significantly to the economy.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with brief introduction stating the textile scenario of the country.
Discuss the following points in detail:
- What is the role of textile industry in Indian economy in general and discuss specifically the role of Woollen industry – Indian Textile industry contributes to 7 per cent of industrial output in terms of value, 2 per cent of India’s GDP and to 15 per cent of country’s export earnings.
- Why is Woollen textile industry important for our country?
- Discuss the various policy initiatives and programmes for development of textiles – specifically Woollen, particularly for technology, infrastructure creation, skill development etc.
- Explain how it can bring in employment generation ; economy.
Conclude with significance of the Woollen sector in Indian perspective, and the perfect match it has with the skill set in Indian society.