Topic: Salient features of world’s physical geography.
2) All plate margins, including the mid oceanic ridge systems, are areas of considerable earthquake activity and volcanism. Explain with the examples(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is based on the concept of plate margins and associated link with that of Earthquake activity and volcanism.
Key demands of the question:
The answer must provide for a brief discussion on the concept of Plate margins, their type; possible relationship with Earthquake activity and volcanoes with suitable examples.
Explain – Clarify the topic by giving a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines explain significance of plate margins in geomorphic processes.
Discuss the following aspects in the answer:
- What is are plate margins? How they interact? What are the different types?
- Detail upon the impact of ecosystem – impact on the ocean ecosystem
- Mid oceanic ridge system – explain with examples , list the major ridges .
- Now move on to establish the link between plate tectonics and Earthquakes, volcanoes.
- Provide for a map of the world highlighting major Earthquake regions of the world, volcanoes and the underlying plate margins.
Conclude with significance of geomorphological processes in formation of landforms