Topic: Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
7) Explain the essentials of information sharing and citizen charter in public service.(250 words)
Ethics by Lexicon
Why this question:
The question is in the context of essentials of information sharing and citizen charter in public service.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail the aspects of information sharing in public services and significance of citizen charter in public service.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines define what is information sharing and citizen’s charter.
Explain the following –
- What is meant by citizen charter? – document which represents a systematic effort to focus on the commitment of the Organization towards its Citizens in respects of Standard of Services, Information, Choice and Consultation, Non-discrimination and Accessibility, Grievance Redress, Courtesy and Value for Money.
- What are the objectives of citizen charter?
- Information sharing and its role in good governance – An information-driven society leads to transparency and accountability.
- Give examples and justify their role in public services.
Conclude with importance of these in public services and good Governance in general.