Topic: The salient aspects of Art forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
1) Indian music not just showcases the diversity of dialect and intellect but also is an evidence of diversity in taste. Comment.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is to examine the significance Indian Music as to in what way it is just not an art form but an evidence of multilinguals and diversity of taste witnessed in the Indian society.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in the significance of Music as an artform and most importantly its role as a multilingual manifestation of our society and an agent signifying taste of the Indian culture.
Comment– here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines about the Music as an artform in India.
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- Have a discussion on – India, a land of many tongues.
- Bring out the diversity of music vis-à-vis India’s linguistic diversity justified by it.
- Explain how music and its connection with different dialects signify local culture and taste and thus the diversity therein.
- Such questions are best answered with examples.
Conclude by re-asserting importance of Music and need to preserve it as a cultural heritage of India.