Topic: Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
6) Has the recent Missile test Shakti in space paved the way for India’s attempt to draw new red lines redefining it’s security calculus? Examine.(250 words)
Why this question:
India has rewritten the rules of global engagement by downing a live satellite in low earth orbit on Wednesday and adding space to its strategic lexicon.
Thus the question is to evaluate significance of Missile test Shakti and the significance it holds for India.
Key demand of the question:
The effective space deterrence has heralded India’s entry into an exclusive club of powers with space, land, air and sea-based weapons delivery platforms, thus the answer must elaborate on the India’s capabilities and run up to strengthening its security dimensions.
Examine – When asked to ‘Examine’, we have to look into the topic (content words) in detail, inspect it, investigate it and establish the key facts and issues related to the topic in question. While doing so we should explain why these facts and issues are important and their implications.
Structure of the answer:
Brief upon the recent achievement of Missile test Shakti.
Discuss the following aspects :
- Explain in short the present capabilities of Indian Defense system.
- How the test has added to the current capabilities.
- Have a discussion on India’s willingness to rewrite the rules of the game and in what way it marks a geostrategic shift.
- The discussion should balance around India’s achievement vs deterrence capabilities.
Conclude with optimism, India is proving its capabilities to the world and marching forward.