Topic: Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
1) Discuss the concept, constraints and prospect of secularism in India.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about discussing the concept of Secularism and its boundaries in India. In the recent past Indian secularism has been under constant threat, In the name of religion, creed and community people have tries to impose their superiority over the other.
Key demands of the question:
The answer must first elaborate on what you understand by Secularism, what are the causes of it, its impact and implications. Compare and contrast each of these implications – both positive and negative and examine what needs to be done.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Discuss Secularism as a concept.
Discuss the following aspects in the answer:
- Define what is Indian Secularism, What are the important features of Indian secularism?
- How has secularism evolved in India?
- What are the causes of Secularism in India?
- Discuss its prospects – What path should Indian secularism take?
Conclude with optimism that Secularism should become a unifying factor rather than dividing the country on lines of religion, race ,caste etc.