Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
Topic : Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
6) Discuss the problems associated with the development of North- east of India. Analyse the role of Infrastructure projects in the development of this region.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the context of development of North east region of India and issues associated with it.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail the challenges and concerns associated with its development and how one can harness its true potential. One of the main constraints to development in North East India is the lack of connectivity, answer must emphasize thus on role of infrastructure development in increasing connectivity vs-a-vis harnessing its true potential.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Briefly narrate the importance of North -East for India and its potential.
Explain the following –
- First discuss the key challenges related to the development of the North-East region, major constraints to development in the region.
- Then state how not only is the region poorly connected to the rest of India, it is also poorly connected to neighboring countries in Southeast Asia.
- Discuss the link between Inadequate infrastructure and poor connectivity in India’s north-east.
- Analyse its impact on – economy, society and politics of the region.
- Quote examples of recent infrastructure development projects.
Conclude with importance of infrastructure projects from the development of the region.