Topic:Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
6) India’s water crisis is even more serious than its energy crisis. Discuss in the wake of India’s urban water crisis and what steps are needed to tackle this. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article is in the backdrop of world water day, the question highlights the situation of water crisis world is facing. With special focus on urban water crisis scenario.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must explain with necessary justification how India’s water crisis is even more serious than its energy crisis. One has to elaborate the crisis the Indian urban areas are facing and suggest what measures are required to be taken in this direction.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Use some suitable facts to express the current water crisis situation in the country in general and Urban India in particular.
Explain the following –
- Crisis of water , why is it different from other energy resource crisis?
- Highlight the sectors that require water both in rural and urban regions.
- challenges posed by unsustainable water use and its degradation.
- Shrinking availability of water in Urban India – causes and consequences.
- Measures to tackle the crisis, how to manage the Water and the Economy around it.
Re-assert the significance of water and importance of saving it.