Topic : Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
4) India does not have a jobs crisis but a wages crisis. Do you agree? Present your argument with suitable justification. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article covers the theme of Job crisis facing India, it elaborates on how India’s jobs crisis is an economic issue, not a political one. It paints a clear picture of demand and supply with respect to Jobs available for youth in India.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss first the Indian scenario of Job crisis, why is it not merely job crisis but more of a wage crisis .One must first acknowledge the statement in the question and justify it with relevant facts and support the argument thereafter.
economic parlance, wage, the price of labour, formalizing the economy etc.
Structure of the answer
Briefly bring out the current status of job scenario in India .
- First discuss the what is the Job crisis in India about.
- Then discuss how and why the Job crisis is more of a wage crisis.
- What should the govt. do to create jobs that best fit as a solution to the crisis?
- Quote policies that are in place to address these issues and what needs to be done in future.
Conclude with significance of Job creation for driving the economy in the right direction.