Topic-Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
2) In the backdrop of recently released the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey 2018-19, critically analyse India’s WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) policies for rural areas.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article covers analysis of raw data from the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey 2018-19, in this context it becomes necessary for us to analyse the WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) policies for rural areas of India.
demand of the question:
This question seeks to examine the implications of policies adopted by India for water , sanitation and management with a key focus on the recently released National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey 2018-19.
Critically analyse – When asked to analyse, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
flagship sanitation scheme Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Wastewater and Faecal Sludge Management, cycle of sanitation, ABC of water etc.
Structure of the answer:
Start by suggesting how WASH – Water, Sanitation and hygiene are intrinsically linked to health.
Discuss the following in detail:
- Trace the historical evolution of WASH policies in India , analyse the various WASH policies formulated by the Central and State governments.
- Bring out the highlights of the report with respect to rural India.
- Compare the conditions from the past to the present.
- key components of the policy.
Conclude as to how India must review the Wash policies and find the weaker areas to improve the condition.