Topic: Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security. Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
6) The recent terrorist attacks in New Zealand depict obvious dangers of hate, intolerance, and rising Islamophobia across the world. Do these incidents reflect rising sentiments of racism and intolerance into a perverse and murderous ideology? Critically examine. (250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the backdrop of Christchurch shootings of New Zealand that portrayed an act of heinous terrorist attack, manifesting Islamophobia and racist tendencies among people.
Key demand of the question:
The question must critically analyse the rising incidences of hatred in the name of Racism, hate and intolerance towards a community . One must analyse an extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist tendencies growing across the World.
Critically examine – When asked to critically examine, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer:
Introduce with condemnation of suck attacks and as to how these incidences are a blot on humanity.
- In brief discuss the incidence , explain how the incidence has cast a spotlight on the global scope of white supremacist rhetoric and violence.
- Changing language of modern white nationalism and its impact.
- Discuss that New Zealand and Australia have had a long history of white supremacist policy and discourse in the past and both of which the countries have yet not fully confronted.
- Discuss the need for modern commitment to multiethnic democracy.
- What needs to be done to resolve such sentiments and social outrage in the name of white supremacy and islamophobia.
Conclude as – It is high time that the countries around the globe come together and come up with a strong policy against such unacceptable societal behaviors of intolerance and hatred.