Topic: Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times./ Social empowerment.
1) Discuss any three most popular embroidered arts from India, How can promotion of such art facilitate inclusion of women in the socio-economic aspects of India?(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is pertaining to art and culture inherently found in India , it is about the link between such a skill of the women members of the society and opportunity it provides them for their inclusion in the society.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss first some of the important and popular art of embroidery in India. Then move on to discuss how the art can act as a catalyst for women empowerment .
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Inclusion of women , women empowerment, Phulkari, Lucknowi, chikankari, Zardosi etc.
Structure of the answer
Briefly bring out the significance of art in India .
- First discuss the popular embroidery art forms like – Chikankari, Uttar Pradesh, Shisha or Mirrorwork, Gujarat and Rajasthan, Zardozi, Uttar Pradesh, Kashidakari, Jammu and Kashmir, Phulkari, Punjab, Toda embroidery, Tamil Nadu etc.
- Then discuss how and why these art works can play a pivotal role in development of Women.
- What should the govt. do to encourage these legacy art forms?
- Quote policies that are in place to preserve and encourage such art.
Reassert the significance of art – Embroidery and its importance for inclusion of women in Indian society.