TOPIC: Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behavior; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
8) Discuss the Bandura’s social cognitive theory. What are its key features? How does it explain human behavior? Elucidate. (250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about social cognitive theory propounded by Bandura, The article discusses how individuals with strong morals are less likely to adopt toxic behaviour of their superiors. It justifies the importance of strong values and morals using SCT.
Key demand of the question:
The answer should discuss in detail the Bandura’s social cognitive theory and elaborate on the importance of it, also explain its key features. Its role in understanding human Behaviour.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Elucidate – means to explain and clarify the topic, make it clear with examples.
Structure of the answer
Briefly explain Social cognitive theory, highlight its importance in understanding human behaviour.
Body of the answer should discuss:
- What is the theory about?
- Connection between cognitive schemas, paradigms and social scripts.
- best intervention strategy based on social cognitive theory in the workplace to enhance human behaviour.
- Where all can the theory be applied.
- What are the challenges in applying the theory.
- Use examples to justify.
Conclude with significance of the model and importance of human behaviour.