Topic: Urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
4) What do you understand by Urban Observatories? Discuss the key features of recently launched India Urban Observatory and also explicate how will it augment the data smart cities policy of India?(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the context of recently launched state-of-the-art India Urban Observatory and Video Wall by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
Key demand of the question
The answer must discuss in detail the concept of Urban observatories; significance and also the importance of the recently launched India Urban Observatory, its role in Smart cities policy of India.
Discuss- This is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. We also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Structure of the answer
Briefly define and discuss the concept of urban observatory.
The answer should cover the following:
- Concept of Urban observatory – initiated at the UN Habitat-II Conference in 1997.
- Indian urban observatory – whereabouts, salient features.
- Importance of smart cities.
- Role of smart cities in development and growth.
- Significance of Data Smart Cities strategy
Conclude with importance of such initiatives in urbanization.