Topic: Disaster and disaster management.
6) Discuss the objectives of recently launched Flood Management and Border Areas Programme (FMBAP) and analyze the need for a comprehensive policy and coordinated approach for flood management and border area programmes.(250 words)
Why this question:
The Union Cabinet has approved the “Flood Management and Border Areas Programme (FMBAP)” for Flood Management Works in entire country and River Management Activities and works related to Border Areas (RMBA).
Key demand of the question:
The answer should discuss the salient features of the programme, the objectives of it.
you must also detail and emphasis on the need for a comprehensive policy and coordinated approach for flood management and border area programmes.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer
Briefly narrate the background of the programme.
Discussion of the answer should capture the following points :
- Importance of the programme.
- Salient features and objectives.
- Benefits of the scheme, challenges and issues faced in implementation.
- Need for such schemes , suggest a way forward.
effective flood management, erosion control , anti-sea erosion, Pancheshwar Multipurpose Project, Sapta Kosi-Sun Kosi Projects in Nepal,
Conclude with need for holistic approach to address the requirements of border areas and river regions.