Topic: Communalism and secularism.
3) Critically analyze the Ayodhya dispute and its costs on national harmony. Can mediation talks demonstrate to be a leeway for healing relationships? discuss with respect to doctrine of essentiality.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article is in the backdrop of the apex court’s order of mediation to settle the long running Ayodhya Ram Mandir-Babri Masjid dispute. The SC has constituted a three-member mediation panel headed by former SC judge Justice F M Kalifullah to resolve the issue. The other members of the panel include spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Senior Advocate Sriram Panchu.
Key demand of the question
The answer must critically analyze the nuances of the case; What is the case about , historical ill doings from Both Hindus and Muslims in the context, the unity angle, what is doctrine of essentiality, and most importantly the role of Mediation talks.
Critically analyse – When asked to analyse, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer
Briefly narrate the background of the issue.
The answer should cover the following :
- Discuss first the dimensions of the issue; what is the issue, its effect on unity of the nation etc
- What is Dr M Ismail Faruqui case?
- What is ‘doctrine of essentiality’?
- Role of supreme court : past to present .
- Importance of Mediation
Dr M Ismail Faruqui case, doctrine of essentiality, freedom of religion, Mediation etc
Conclude with significance resolving such issues impartially and unbiased for the betterment of the country’s harmony and peace.