- Women related issues.
Web- Wonder Women Campaign
What to study?
For Prelims and Mains: Features and significance of the campaign.
Context: The Ministry of Women and Child Development hosted a felicitation event for Web Wonder Women.
About the Campaign:
- The Campaign has been launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India in association with the NGO Breakthrough and Twitter India.
- Through the campaign, the Ministry aims to recognize the fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across the globe who have used the power of social media to run positive & niche campaigns to steer a change in society.
- The Campaign is aimed at encouraging, recognizing and acknowledging the efforts of these meritorious Women.
National Sports Federation
Context: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has granted provisional recognition to Kudo International Federation India(KIFI) as National Sport Federation with immediate effect.
The recognition means granting a major role to KIFI Association for promotion and Development of Kudo sport in India.
National Sports Federations (NSFs) are autonomous bodies registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860. The Government does not interfere in their day to day affairs.
- However, Government has issued guidelines imposing age and tenure limits in respect of office bearers of NSFs, including those of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- These have further been reiterated in the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011, which has been made effective from 31.1.2011.
As per the guidelines, the Government has, inter-alia, provided the following age and tenure limits in respect of office bearers of the NSFs:
- The President of any recognized National Sports Federation, including the IOA can hold office for a maximum period of twelve years with or without break.
- The Secretary (or by whatever other designation such as Secretary General or General Secretary by which he is referred to) and the Treasurer of any recognized National Sports Federation, including the IOA, may serve a maximum of two successive terms of four years each after which a minimum cooling off period of four years is required to seek fresh election to either post.
- The President, the Secretary and the Treasurer of any recognized NSF, including the IOA, shall cease to hold that post on attaining the age of 70 years.