Topic– Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation,
6) The air pollution problem is not merely a technological issue, but also a social concern. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the issue of air pollution and bring out why it is not just a technological issue but also a social concern.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the problem of air pollution. E.g Air pollution is a silent killer in India, especially in the country’s northern belt. Eighteen percent of the world’s population lives in India, but the country bears 26 per cent of the global disease burden due to air pollution.
Discuss in points as to why the pollution problem is not merely a technological issue, but also a social concern. E.g
- Globally, there have been several technological breakthroughs in evaluating and improving air quality.
- In India too, researchers, entrepreneurs and environmentalists have voiced the need for devices such as sensor-based monitors, air purifiers and smog towers.
- Their increasing use might improve air quality. But their energy footfall is likely to offset recent gains in energy efficiency.
- Air pollution is not a local issue that can be resolved by using household gadgets or placing devices at a few places.
- It is a nationwide concern that requires systemic measures, long-term planning, stringent action against those violating emission laws and standards.
- The improvement in the quality of lives of the rich and middle classes should not be at the cost of the poor etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.