- e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential.
Operation Digital Board
What to study?
- For Prelims: Key features of ODB.
- For Mains: Significance and potential of the project.
Context: Union Human Resource Development Ministry has launched Operation Digital Board to leverage technology in order to boost quality education in the country.
About Operation Digital Board:
ODB aims at converting a class room into a digital class room and provide e-resources at any time and at any place to students.
The digital board will be introduced all over the country in government and government aided schools from class 9th onwards as well as in higher education institutions.
The Operation Digital Board (ODB) will be implemented in the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Significance and benefits:
- Operation Digital Board is a revolutionary step which will make the learning as well as the teaching process interactive and popularize flipped learning as a pedagogical approach.
- It will also help in provisioning of personalised adaptive learning as well as Intelligent Tutoring by exploiting emerging technologies like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence & Data Analytics.
Need for such initiatives:
The biggest challenge facing education sector in the country is maintaining acceptable quality standards across the country. Although we have good number of premier institutions, which compete with the best in the world, a large number of higher education institutions and schools needs improvements in quality teaching-learning, as the students coming out of these institutions find themselves unsuitable for the requirements of the society and market. The spread of educational technology and connectivity has given an opportunity to resolve this issue and aim at equity in educational standards.