Topic: salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
1) Benode Behari Mukherjee made great strides in Indian paintings besides his physical disability. Discuss. (250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the contribution and legacy of B.B Mukherjee towards Indian art and culture.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the B.B Mukherjee. E.g Born into a highly literate family, a childhood illness had left him blind in one eye and myopic in the other. Unable to pursue formal education, Santiniketan is where Mukherjee gave new life to the close association he had built with nature.
Discuss in points the works and contribution of B.B Mukherjee towards Indian art and culture. E.g
- Back in Santiniketan, in 1946-47 Mukherjee designed what has been described as “perhaps the single most important work painted in modern India” — his mural Life of the Medieval Saints which featured the numerous saint-poets of India.
- In the exhibition, we see the mountainous terrain with sloping roofs and cloudy skies. The landscape changes in the ’50s, when Mukherjee moves to Mussoorie
- With further deterioration in his eyesight, there is a visible change in the line detailing of his landscapes.
- Appointed educational adviser at the Art School of Patna in 1954, he began to draw more from memory.
- “The definite strokes, the graceful web of assured touches, and the measured wash of colour, characteristic of his work so far, give way to vague scribbles, harder edges, and thicker layers of pigment etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.