6) Primarily an adaptation of the UK model, the Indian Citizen’s Charter has certain essential elements and an additional component of expectations from the clients. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question
The question wants us to write in detail about the essential elements of a Citizen’s Charter and also how it is different from the primary UK model from which it has been adopted.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the Citizen’s Charter. E.g Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances in Government of India (DARPG) initiated the task of coordinating, formulating and operationalising Citizen’s Charters.
- Discuss the essential elements of a Citizen’s Charter in India. E.g
-(i) Vision and Mission Statement; (ii) Details of business transacted by the organisation; (iii) Details of clients; (iv) Details of services provided to each client group; (v) Details of grievance redress mechanism and how to access it; and (vi) Expectations from the clients.
- Discuss the additional components vis a vis the UK model. E.g
- Involvement of consumer organisations, citizen groups, and other stakeholders in the formulation of the Citizen’s Charter is emphasised to ensure that the Citizen’s Charter meets the needs of the users.
- Regular monitoring, review and evaluation of the Charters, both internally and through external agencies, are enjoined.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.