Topic– Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
6)Implementing the “Dasa Raja Dharma” by Ashoka, paved the way for a philanthropic and tolerant administration. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the Dasa Raja Dharma and its implementation by Ashoka. We have to discuss about the principles in detail and enlist them and bring out how they contributed towards philanthropic and tolerant administration.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– Write a few introductory lines about the Dasa Raja Dharma. E.g It means- Ten principles of Buddhist governance, and mention about how Ashoka adopted those principles in his rule.
- Discuss about those ten principles. E.g
1.To be liberal and avoid selfishness
- To maintain a high moral character
- To be prepared to sacrifice one’s own pleasure for the well-being of the subjects
- To be honest and maintain absolute integrity
- To be kind and gentle etc.
- Discuss about Ashoka’s administration and how these principles were brought into practice. E.g
- Building hospitals, roads, wells etc.
- Practicing tolerance and promoting all religions etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.