Topic- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
5) While emotional intelligence is about the present, social intelligence is about the future. Comment.(250 words)
comment- here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Key demand of the question
The question wants us to express our knowledge and understanding about emotional intelligence and social intelligence. It wants us to express our opinion as to how social intelligence is about the future and emotional intelligence is about the present.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the emotional intelligence and social intelligence. E.g Give a simple and brief definition of both the terms.
- Discuss about the concept of emotional intelligence and how it is linked to the present. E.g
- emotional intelligence as “…the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others.” Emotional intelligence contains three competencies:
- Emotional awareness
- Applying emotions to processes such as problem-solving and thinking
- Emotion management implied as both being able to help control other people’s’ feelings as well as your own.
- emotional intelligence is more about the present, and thus more closely related to emotions and feelings.
- By reading someone’s face, you can tell whether that person is happy, incredibly nervous before going into a job interview, or shy because that person happens to be in his or her own corner in the middle of a party.
- Discuss similarly about the concept of social intelligence and how it is linked to future.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.