Topic– Effects of globalization on Indian society Social empowerment
1) Indian family structure has has grown to embrace individual choices and social realities. Analyze in the context of new family structures and notions in India.(250 words)
Why this question
The article tries to provide a glimpse of the changes that Indian Family system has been quietly witnessing. It discusses how individual choices are gaining more voice at the cost of weathering of the patriarchy embedded in an Indian family system.
Analyze-here we have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts, and present them as a whole in a summary.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to dig deep into the modern Indian family and bring out how it has grown embrace individual choices and social realities. We have to analyse the present family structures and notions in India.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a introductory lines about the traditional Indian family system. E.g mention the patriarchal setup, joint family system, adherence to traditional social mores and choices.
Discuss in points as to how the modern family system in India has developed in India and how it has strengthened individual choices and changed the social realities. E.g
- The Indian family is changing. There’s no ‘ideal family’ defined by children or lineage.
- It comes in different shapes and sizes. And it has grown to embrace individual choices, and social realities: single children, divorce, double incomes, sexual freedom.
- The concept of ‘family’ has always been fluid, even in traditional set-ups, but today “the new generation is seeing much more of the world; they’re exposed to Western norms of individualism and autonomy.
- A family could now be the quasi-family where a group of people cohabit and share their lives and belong to each other in a fundamental way, but have no single figure of authority.
- Stigma against widow/ women remarriage is decreasing.
- Some of the changing perceptions are thanks to popular culture, movies, movie stars
- The change is however no revolution and it is still marginal etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.