Topic– Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
7) CMB- Bharat is an ambitious mission, which will increase our understanding of the universe. Discuss about the CMB and the significance of the CMB- Bharat mission.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the CMB, its meaning, relevance and also discuss about the CMB- Bharat mission being mooted recently.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the CMB- Bharat. E.g A consortium of Indian scientists has submitted a proposal to the ISRO for a new space science mission called CMB Bharat.
- Discuss about the CMB. E.g
- The cosmic microwave background (CMB) is radiation leftover from the time the first atoms formed in the universe, about 378,000 years after the Big Bang. In other words, it’s been around since when the universe was only 0.0027% as old as it is today.
- It manifests as a temperature of 2.7 K in the emptiest regions of space. Without the CMB, these regions should have exhibited a temperature of 0 K. However, as the universe continues to expand, this temperature will keep dropping.
- The ‘microwave’ in its name alludes to the radiation frequency: 160.23 GHz, which falls in the microwave range.
- As radiation that has been around (almost) since the dawn of space and time, it carries the signatures of various cosmic events that shaped the universe over the last ~13.7 billion years.
- Discuss the scope and uses of CMB- Bharat in further detail. E.g
- The CMB Bharat proposal envisages an instrument that will study CMB polarisation to a greater extent than the Planck or NASA WMAP probes did
- CMB Bharat’s high-energy regime refers to constituents of the particulate realm. The mission will explore problems in neutrino physics, including help determine how many kinds of neutrinos there actually are and the order of their masses.
- It will also be able to map the distribution of dark matter; and track baryons (composite particles like protons and neutrons) in the observable universe.
- Additionally, the instrument will also be able to study the Milky Way galaxy’s astrophysical properties in greater detail.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.