Topic- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
6) India needs to raise and sustain its growth rate at 8%. Discuss what measures need to be taken in this regard.(250 words)
Why this question
India’s growth is poised to increase this year but has not been at the desired level for quite some time. In order for India to achieve most of its socio economic goals. The article discusses some of the essential steps that need to be taken in order to achieve a sustained growth rate of 8%.
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to bring out in detail about the measures that you think need to be taken in order to achieve and sustain a growth rate of 8%.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the recent growth rate figures for India- past few years and anticipated growth rate. E.g growth rate projected by IMF etc.
Write in points as to what should be done to enhance India’s growth rate to 8% and sustain it for the medium future. E.g
- a shift in agriculture to convert farmers into ‘agripreneurs’ by expanding e-National Agriculture Markets and replacing the Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee Act with Agricultural Produce & Livestock Marketing Act.
- A unified national market, a freer export regime and abolition of the Essential Commodities Act are essential to boost agricultural growth,
- further improve the policy environment in which private investors and other stakeholders can contribute their fullest
- bring innovation, technology, enterprise and efficient management together at the core of policy formulation and implementation etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.