Topic- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
6) NITI Aayog’s strategy for 2022 is replete with environmental and livelihood related contradictions. Critically analyze.(250 words)
Why this question
The NITI Aayog which replaced the erstwhile planning commission has recently (last year) released a strategy for 2022. It is important to discuss the strategy in detail and bring out its positive as well as negative points.
Critically analyze- here we have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts, and present them as a whole in a summary. based on our discussion we have to form a concluding opinion on the issue.
Key demand of the question
The question wants us to look deep into the strategy-2022 envisaged by the NITI Aayog and bring out how it will impact Indian economy and its environmental and livelihood aspects.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the recently released NITI Aayog’s strategy for 2022. E.g it is an aspirational strategy which aims to achieve a ‘New India’ by 2022, when the country celebrates its 75th year of Independence.
- Discuss the positive points of the strategy. E.g
- It follows the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Inclusion, sustainability, participation, gender equality etc.
- major focus on renewable energy, organic farming (with the zero budget natural farming, increasing forest cover, and reducing pollution and waste.
- Discuss the negative points and its anticipated effects on livelihood and environment. E.g
- the urgent need to conserve a range of non-forest ecosystems is missing
- The increasing presence of toxic chemicals around us finds no mention.
- Most importantly, the absence of an integrated, comprehensive view on how ecological issues can be integrated into all sectors indicates that this is still not core to the mindset of our planners.
- It proposes a doubling of the extent of mining.
- stress on rapid, single-window clearance of infrastructure and other projects etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.