- January 12, 2019
- Posted by: InsightsIAS
- Category: INSIGHTS
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
What to study?
For Prelims and Mains: The summit- objectives, features and significance.
Context: The 25th edition of the Partnership Summit will be held in Mumbai.
It is being organized by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India, State Government of Maharashtra and Confederation of Indian Industry.
What is it?
- The Partnership Summit provides for a global platform to dialogue, debate, deliberate and engage Indian and global leaders on economic policy and growth trends in India.
- It is expected to build new partnerships and explore investment opportunities through high level exchanges and B2B meetings.
- It will showcase India in the present landscape of an emerging “New India”, the “New Global Economic Address”.
Confederation of Indian Industry –
- CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry led and industry-managed organization, playing a proactive role in India’s development process.
- Founded in 1895, India’s premier business association has around 9000 members, from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs.
- CII works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.
Sources: the hindu, PIB.