Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
Topic– Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or
affecting India’s interests
2) J&K needs sustained coordinated efforts of public outreach from all stakeholders in order to establish long term peace in the state. Comment.(250 words)
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the present situation in Kashmir. E.g Highest number of militants killed in a decade, governor’s rule followed by President’s rule etc.
Discuss the need for sustained and coordinated efforts of public outreach involving all the key stakeholders. E.g
- While the army’s Operation Sadbhavna (a military civic action initiative of 20 years) has helped in extending marginal outreach, the lack of mass engagement has prevented the development of any perception change and the creation of alternative narratives to counter the propaganda from Pakistan and the separatists.
- Need to engage the security personnel especially army and CRPF for public outreach and conduct of public meetings and include the politicians and the public officials along with.
- Need to explore recruitment rallies, when youth are in a different state of mind.
- Need to involve local clergy which has substantial hold on the local populace and seek its cooperation in messaging the youth and others on the uniqueness of the Indian system.
- Exploitation of social media, as much as the countering of online propaganda.
- Setting aside of the mutual fears of the people of Jammu and of Kashmir and bringing the people of Ladakh into this ambit as well.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.